Thursday, June 7, 2012

Going into town

Today, several members of the group made the big trek "into town" (aka Black Mountain). Some of us even dressed up for the occasion (and by "dressed up" I mean we put on makeup). Mom, Kim, and I wandered around and found some cute things in a little shop whose name I have unfortunately forgotten.. I think it was "Gift" something. Anyhow, I found this cute gem of a necklace there:


After making a stop at the knitting shop, where we always feel so welcome, Mom, Kim, Annee, Julie, and I headed over to a new Black Mountain establishment: Hey Hey Cupcakes. We had noticed the new addition to the shops of Black Mountain on our way into Montreat and just had to check it out. Well, folks, let me tell you that I am hooked. When we walked in, one of the bakers gave us samples of Margarita cupcakes--just out of the oven. We even watched her put the icing and lime zest on, so we knew they were fresh. They were absolutely delicious. However, I also had my eye on the chocolate cupcake with cream cheese icing, so I ended up with that (and so did Julie):

 pure goodness right here

I think it's safe to say that we will definitely be back. I have high hopes that this place will stay in business. The people were so nice, and as I think I've already said a few times, the cupcakes were divine. Shoutout to Dad--we thought of you when we saw the "24 Karat" carrot cupcakes. You definitely need to come with us next time.

Well, that's all for now. I can't believe that our first week is almost over. Time sure does fly when you're in the Gates! The Barn Dance is tomorrow, and I am sure there will be pictures to come. I'd better go get some rest so I'm ready for tomorrow's adventures!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment